I was going to start this blog thing outlining Lincolns life in chronological order; but in beginning that, I realized thats not how I do things. I really like Abraham Lincoln. I like that he was a real person with real problems. He had a great sense of humor and tremendous wit. He was a man with little formal education, but took what he had and made the best of it. He was quiet, yet personable. He was a hard worker. He worked hard to be a good husband to his wife Mary Todd (who was very demanding of his attention), and was a loving father that some may say let his children wreak havoc. He experienced many sadnesses in his life in regards to his wife and children. He experienced many losses in politics along his long journey to the Presidency. Lincoln is known as the "Great Emancipator", and is known as the 16th President whose decisions were the cause for the Civil War (1860-1865). To me he is more than all that. Abraham Lincoln is a great guy, that worked hard and experienced a lot.
Heres how its gonna work... This is my blog, I'm the one writing it. I'm going to pick things that interest me about him. As interesting as his presidency, and pre-presidency work is I'm not necessarily going to bore you (whoever you are) with the usual mumbo jumbo people cover when discussing such an historical figure. If you are looking for that type of info you can read that here... http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/al16.html
ok where to begin???!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i love this.
please update again ASAP thank you.
Post a Comment